"When you hear something, you will forget it.
When you see something, you will remember it.
But not until you do something, will you understand it."
~ Ancient Chinese proverb
Discover CrossFit for yourself.
Call (480) 788-CFM1
or stop by CrossFit Magna
for a FREE 1 week trial.
What’s the First Step?
At CrossFit Magna it is very important to us that you find the CrossFit box that is right for you. We value our current members and want to ensure that new members are a good fit for our community. For this reason, we do not believe in the one-on-one hard sell appointment that other gyms require. Instead, we offer a FREE one week trial membership so you can experience just how special our CrossFit community is. To begin this first week you have two options. We suggest the first option if you are nervous about CrossFit, have special health or injury situations or are cautious by nature. If you are a “jump-in-and-get-your-feet-wet” type of person try option #2.
1. Call us at 480-788-CFM1 or email us at email@example.com and set up a time to come in and talk to us. You are also welcome to observe any of our scheduled classes.
2. Check out our Class Schedule. You may drop in and try any class on the schedule unless that class is designated as a Competitors. Most classes are 1 hour in length and offer a warm-up, strength, and WOD (workout of the day.) You do not have to call ahead of time, but it would be helpful if you arrived 10 minutes to allow for time to complete a waiver and discuss any special needs or injuries.
With so many fitness options available, why should you choose CrossFit? CrossFit Magna is an alternative to larger "membership driven" commercial gyms. CrossFit Magna's daily WODs (workout of the day) are intense and demanding. Our coaches will teach you how to scale each WOD to your individual fitness level so you can complete the workout correctly and safely. The small group classes at CrossFit Magna provide the support, motivation, and intensity you need to achieve your fitness goals.
CrossFit was developed by watching the top athletes in the world and cherry picking aspects of their training to create a system that produces elite athletes. The following were some of the observations that went into the development of CrossFit.
1. Gymnasts learn new sports faster than other athletes.
2. Olympic lifters can apply more useful power to more activities than other athletes.
3. Powerlifters are stronger than other athletes.
4. Sprinters can match the cardiovascular performance of endurance athletes, even at extended efforts.
5. Endurance athletes are woefully lacking in total physical capacity.
6. With high carb diets you either get fat or weak.
7. Bodybuilders can't punch, jump, run, or throw like athletes can.
8. Segmenting training efforts delivers a segmented capacity.
9. Optimizing physical capacity requires training at unsustainable intensities.
Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch.
Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds.
Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast.
Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman, founder of the CrossFit methodology